Welcome back to the Saturday work from home wellness series! We have all caught ourselves munching away at chips and over fantasizing pizzas dripped in cheese (holy lord of foodgasms bless us) during work from home.
What you eat greatly influences your mood and how you feel overall. So to keep the energy levels from dipping, let’s take a look at some of the healthy snacking options we can all add to our work desk.
Mental Note – All living things eat for survival but humans can eat for pleasure and joy. So embrace the blessing for what it is and stop making it a pain point. Paraphrased from my favourite and renowned Nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar
Healthy snacking options
1) Nuts– I buy myself multiple packets of different dry fruits and nuts at the beginning of every new month and place an airtight container on my work table, so the simple psychology is “you consume what you see“. For those of you who have a sweet tooth can mesh some nuts and dark chocolates together for your cravings.
2) Cut(vertically) vegetables like carrots, cucumbers which are crunchy and munch them away with a hummus dip. Add a small dash of veggies to your every meal.
3) Soak those legumes! You can soak a bowl full of Mung or chickpeas, etc (I prefer mixing them all up to make it more wholesome). Consume the sprouts directly or with some lemon and spice garnishing.
4) Your peanut butter bread can do better! Yes, peanut butter and bread is amazing (my new personal favourite) but you can add a spoonful of seed mix to the peanut butter and use it as a spread. You can use seeds like pumpkin, sesame, sunflower, chia and even dried watermelon seeds to boost it up further.
5) Chikki – It is a traditional Indian sweet made of peanuts and jaggery and are the perfect bite-sized candies to snack on. They are the OG for hunger pangs before Snickers could take over. chikki preparation.
There is no good food and bad food there is only balance. A while ago one of my favorite yogini “Natasha Noel” said this “all the cookies, burgers are like those soothing postures in yoga like Puppy pose or Shavasana they are as important as your other asanas“ and the same goes with food.
So keep yourself and the body happy and work on building a good relationship with your food!
Why get a job at Starbucks?
Optimize your environment to increase productivity.
Rolling of money and how credit can be leveraged in small businesses.